Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Been on vacation...


Yes, I have been on vacation sort of speak and not updated this blog in quite some time! But worry not, I'm back and I plan on keeping you all entertained with more frequent posts this fall.

As we come near to the close of this crazy, record-breaking summer that we've had in the two-0, I just have to say that I'm looking forward to a little bit of rain to green things up around here once again. The sunshine and warm weather is cool, but scorching temps and browning of all vegetation in the area are uncool, no pun intended...

I thought I would spend one of the last few hot days of summer and go for a run this afternoon at good old GLake. While jogging, I spotted the most hilarious thing and am now convinced that aside from an iPod, you should also carry a camera around just in case you encounter a classic scene like I did today, let me explain.

Picture this, I'm getting my run on, yea that's right, feeling the burn, stacking some Ks on the Brooks, when in the corner of my eye I spot a most unusual sight. There are two girls stretching at a bench...you ask what's so peculiar about that??!? Well one of the girls is in full stretch mode with a ciggy hanging off the end of her lip. Yes, this girl is smoking a cigarette while stretching for her soon to be (and I assume very short) run.

WTF?!?!?!? When you do something for the benefit of your health and fitness like go jogging, where in the heck do you find the inspiration to light up right before the run??!?! Haha, I can only imagine what's going through that chick's mind as she's driving to GLake to run, "Man, yesterday's run didn't feel right, maybe I should light up some nicotine and get a little nic buzz to help me trudge through the last few miles on my run!"

Chick please, that cigarette will do nothing but make your 0.23 mile run a 0.15 mile run. I kind of wish I would have stopped and waited for them to see how long the girl lasted post cig! Hahaha, I really wish I had a camera to capture the moment. Seriously not too many things are as funny as seeing a girl stretching for a run with a cig in her mouth!

Enjoy the sunshine peeps while you can, the RAINS are coming!!!! :)

No comments: