Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are...


Mesmerized, excited, skeptical, anxious...all feelings that I have had at one point or another thinking about the upcoming theatrical version of one of my ALL TIME favorite books! There is no bandwagon here whatsoever, as those closest to me know how much I have always cherished this book and how much it has meant to me for most my life. If there is anyone that is SUPER AMPED for this movie, it's no doubt SAMO!

The One Sheet is AMAZING and with Spike Jonze at the helm, I don't think the movie will disappoint! The CGI in the trailer looks great and I really can't wait to see how the book is depicted by Hollywood. CAN NOT WAIT!!!! What I love is that it looks like the movie didn't try to make the monsters too real looking or get way crazy with the CGI. They look simple and just as I would imagine them to be, like large plush toys that have a child-like innocence to compliment their fierce, monster qualities.

Peep the huge chomp taken out of the tree in the background of the One Sheet, ha ha, definitely my favorite little detail in the poster, AWESOME!

Here is a link to the Official site where you can see the trailer in all its glory...

Where the Wild Things Are

No comments: