Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wine Valley...




So I'm over in Walla2 this week taking some time away from the City to visit fam and play some golf! I went out and played Wine Valley this morning for the first time and I have to say that I was blown away by how amazing of a course it was!

I had high expectations coming in, as Wine Valley seems to be in every golf publication I open up lately, and thought that it might not live up to all the hype. I am glad that I was wrong as the course lived up to all the hype and then some!!!! The layout was awesome and the scenery was gorgeous as every hole seemed like a signature hole. It's a classic links style course that rolls through the undulating contours of the land to create a hidden gem out here on the East side. The course itself presents a fairly challenging layout (especially if you were to play it from the tips, which measures out to almost 7,400 yards!) and if you play it on a windy day like I did, you best plan your shots wisely! :)

All in all, Wine Valley is a top 5 in the book of courses I have played. I walked off the 18th green with a huge grin as my Wine Valley experience was quite pleasant in so many ways! I plan on returning to Wine Valley sooner than later and look forward to spreading the word once I get back home...but maybe not spreading the word too much as I loved how I could look around on some holes and not see another group in sight! :)

Check it out if you get a chance, I promise that you will not be disappointed!

No comments: